Sightseeing in Lemgo Sightseeing in Lemgo

Besides the 800 years of history Lemgo also has to offer more than 400 monuments. Today Lemgo is internationally renown for its first-class, modern architecture.


The Junker Hous in Lemgo 

In the year 1889 Eight years after returning to Lemgo Requested Karl Junker Building permission for his hause.Presumably he had been working on plans years before and mebe even built a small model haus from wood,In 1891 the two story hause made just from wood was finnished,The funderment was made from stone, The specific Finnish to his hause with all its carvings kept him working for manny years..As his hause was a long year project he lived withdrawn from the human society.till the day he died.


The ( Witch ) Mayor House

The town museum Called the Hexenburger meisterhaus Is one of the Oldest town museum in Ostwestfalen-Lippe. With its Wunderfull old Gabel built in the year 1571 Its a perfect example of the wunderfull Architecture river renaissance,After many conversions,The rooms have the same old style as before With its old Fire place,Hallway,and side doors,has all been kept.The Epithet Hexenburgermeisterhaus Remembers the Lawers and Mayor Herman Clothmann .He was known as the inexorably Witch Hunter During his time in office,In the muesum are Instraments Objects ,wich wehre left from the Famially the Executioner Clauss/Clausen.

Schloß Brake

Castle Brake

From the date 1587 The Castle Brake became the home from the Earl to Lippe Built out in the style the Renaissance .Its surraunded bei a Moat .It stands on the old Funderment of one of the biggesr Middel age Castle in Northen Germany ..The Tower  is widely visible from the Hanse town Lemgo .the old buildings next to the castle give a nice impressive pitchure of the early times.also there 3 historic mills and a washhausfeelinger markante Turm macht es zum weithin sichtbaren Wahrzeichen der alten Hansestadt Lemgo. Die Gebäude im näheren Umfeld des Schlosses vermitteln noch heute ein eindrucksvolles Bild einer frühneuzeitlichen Residenz, zu der die Domäne, drei historische Mühlen und ein Waschhaus gehören.


Alter Markt


Even in the days of the Hanseatic Lemgo was a vibrant city. Lemgo is that it hassurvived to this day, which is obtained on Wednesdays and Saturdays at the weekly market Lemgoer an impression, enlivened with his appeal to the marketplace.



Oil mill

Mill history from 1846 to today is shown lovingly in two Braker Castle mills of the former miller's family. The oil mill of 1806, driven by a water wheel is obtained as theonly one of its kind still in full. In the former sawmill in 1831, an exhibition on thehistory and function of the castle mills is shown. The production and use of energy(vegetable oil, petroleum, gas and electricity), the processing of flax and the testimonies of the Müller family Vietmeier, including experiences, especially the two world wars, are vividly presented.



Chancellor wells


An important personage, who comes from Osnabrück and has indeed acquired lip, but hardly in Lemgo merits, is presented anyway because she is one of the most popularphoto subjects Lemgos, has already shaken hands with many visitors and will continue to tirelessly welcome Dr. Balthasar Knaust, chancellor of Count Simon VI. He is not to overlook among the 5 bronze figures with which the Aachen sculptor BonifaceStirnberg in 1977 provided the Registrar fountain at Ostertor to illustrate the"controversy over the barrel" (with precious Minden Bräuhahn beer) as vividly as possible.